Sunday, November 17, 2013

DIY: Pinup Wreath

     SO, the Holidays are almost here and I am starting to get DIY fever for some xmas inspired decor around the house. In the past, I have gone way overboard buying everything red and green.. and going crazy around the house. My big DIY project a year ago was getting various sized ornaments and hanging them from the ceiling using clear fish wire. This turned out super cute and gave the room pops of color. This year, however, I have been inspired to create my own xmas wreath.

     If you know me, you know I have a love and passion for photography, and thought why not make a wreath that allows me to display some of my favorite Christmas cards, greetings, photos and more. After browsing online at some different DIY wreaths that embody exactly what my vision was, I stumbled upon a "Pinup Wreath." This wreath is so cute and different..you will be sure to surprise your house guests with this great look!

Love this idea!


Materials Needed:
  • Wood glue
  • Miniature wooden clothespins
  • Large embroidery hoop
  • Ribbon
  • Holiday cards 
Steps:
  1. Using wood glue, affix miniature wooden clothespins to a large (about 14-inch-diameter) embroidery hoop.
  2. Alternate clothespins to point outward and inward, spaced 1 1/2 inches apart.
  3. Suspend from a ribbon, and clip your cards in place as you receive them.

     This really is such a simple idea, and great way to show off all your family and friends via wreath! If you want to save on all these materials I recommend shopping at your local Hobby Lobby. They provide a 40% off coupon on their website that never expires, as well, on one purchase. If you are like me then I know you are getting pumped about decorating for the Holidays!

(www.motherearthliving.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment