Sunday, December 8, 2013

Style: Simple look for the season

     I love this entire outfit ensemble. The shoes are so versatile and can go with so many different outfits from business attire (crushing that first interview) to a holiday cocktail party (black..black..obsessed with black).

     The dress and black slip go hand in hand perfectly. I think a slip always helps a dress look much better on and save the embarrassment of possibly showing noticeable under garments (thicker bra straps..etc.).

     Metallic clutches and gold jewelry are staple pieces (at least for me). I think a silver, pewter or gold clutch is great to get at the beginning of the season to wear to any holiday engagements through the new year. I love the combination of a thin longer necklace and chunky shorter one to create different levels of sparkle around your neck.

     Overall, I could see myself wearing this to many functions with a top knot or low messy bun. I think adding effortless style (like a messy bun) to a sophisticated look kinda gives that vibe that you didn't try to hard..(and lets face it...with this simple style you really didn't :)!)

     **Most of these items you can find at any local Macy's or Belk do to their large selection of shoes and handbags! I usually find stockings & slips at a local boutique for better deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment