Saturday, February 1, 2014

Recipe: Gluten Free Banana Bread

     I will say I have been loving some banana bread (lately) mainly because it is just so so good!  Trader Joes always has different kinds that you can add fresh ingredients (like ripe bananas). I am annoyed at myself for throwing away the box before snapping a photo of it and can't seem to quickly find a picture of it online...BUT... If you go to your local Trader Joes it is in the baking Isle and the one that is labeled Gluten Free.
     My mom has Celiac disease...which in short words means she cannot process wheat and therefore must eat food that doesn't contain it. It used to be quite challenging, however, now most restaurants carry a gluten free menu and groceries are offering more selections when it comes to wheat free products. I do not have celiac, but sometimes feel the urge to eat gluten free to protect my body.
     OKAY so enough of me rambling.  It is very simple to make this. Make sure you have at least 2 ripe bananas on hand before getting started. Mix the banana bread mix in a bowl along with 2 mashed bananas, 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons of milk (any kind) and 1/3 cup of an oil of your choice. Once everything is well blended put it in a sprayed bread baking pan and bake it for an hour at 350. This recipe is effortless and the results are phenomenal.
                   
 Enjoy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment