Thursday, January 9, 2014

Be Still

     Something about relaxing and enjoying the company of my man and my pup are all I need. In this busy, chaotic never ending world of working..being stressed...applying for jobs..house hunting...scheduling...etc, we don't take time to stop. Stop doing and stop thinking and stop talking..it never happens anymore. I am even reminded, from time to time, that I need to just sit and relax and enjoy the minutes more. Corey is really good about relaxing me and keeping me sane especially after a long day. This is a quality about him that smittens me. 

      He can just sit and be still for the longest time and usually wants me to lay on his chest or sit tucked beside him. I am the one who is always a jitter bug and can't keep still (hence why he calls me his "bug"). But once I get super comfy, and finally find peace in my body (and mind), I am able to sit and enjoy the stillness too. 

     I close my eyes and tell myself today is just one day out of the many to come. I remind myself of the many blessings I have in my life, the incredible family, the handsome hunk boyfriend, the unconditionally loving Brody and the most dear friends anyone could ask for. I tell myself that God is so good and has me right where He wants me. I encourage myself to find this peace more often.

     Find time (at some point) in your busy busy day..to simply be still just as we are told over and over in God's word..."Be still and know that I am God." 



No comments:

Post a Comment