Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Easy Choco Treat | Chocolate Oat Balls

   

     So many friends and followers were into the chocolate oat bars I made the other night so I figured I would explain how I made these tasty treats.

     I got this recipe from my friend Meghan who has the best healthy recipes (that are also pretty delicious). She whipped this up one night in a matter of minutes and they were quickly devoured.  When you have those late night cravings or just need something chocolate this will surely satisfy those needs.

     This recipe is fairly cheap and if you buy the ingredients in bulk you can make them for a few nights before needing to stock up on more.

     I like to get my oats from a local whole foods or if I have some time on my hand I try to make it up to the Bradford Store that is in Huntersville. They always have the most fresh produce and offer fresh cider when you walk in the door (I'm a fan of this especially in this crazy cold weather we have been having). You just need about a cup and a half of these.

   You also need about 2 and 1/2 bananas that are not ripe along with a cup of chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and lastly a 1/4 cup of Nutella. Now the beauty of this recipe is that you can use as much or little if any of the above ingredients. You can also add things like cinnamon and honey for extra sweetness.

     Now the process is so simple. To make this you just add all of the ingredients including the MUSHED bananas until it is a thick mixture. Place this into balls on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in the oven (at 350) for 12 minutes.

     These are so mouth watering that you will want to whip up another batch in no time. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment